Apple no longer supports for Atom processors from Mac OS X 10.6.2. So, you can't normally upgrade your Mac OS X from Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or earlier to 10.6.2 or later. If you try to normally upgrade it, you'll get an black screen with errors after restarting. The reason is the mach kernel of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 or later don't detect any Atom processor. Then this tip maybe help you.
- Upgrade Mac OS X:
- Open Apple update center and update to the latest version of Mac OS X
- Or download Mac OS X update combo to manually upgrade to a specific version. You can find and download it at Apple support center.
- Important: Do not restart system when upgrading complete.
- Replace mach_kernel for your Mac OS X upgraded:
- Download mach_kernel for your Mac OS X upgraded at my collection or find a download from OSX86.net
- Extract downloaded Zip file on Desktop. You'll received a mach_kernel file.
- Open Terminal.app and input below commands:
mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062
cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /
chown 0:0 mach_kernel[/ps]
- Or you can use Finder to do it: open Finder and browse to your mac installation directory . Backup the old mach_kernel_xxx file. Then copy the extracted mach_kernel file to that.
That's all. Now restart and enjoy your new Mac OS X on your Atom netbook.
Post a Comment