The breadcrumb shows to user where they are on your website. Some Wordpress themes provides for you a breadcrumb. However, others doesn't do it. Breadcrumb NavXT plugin maybe help you.
- Log in to your Wordpress website admin page. Choose Plugins > Add new
- Then search for Breadcrumb NavXT and click Install it. Remember to activate it after installed. We don't need to make settings for the plugin. Just let it default.
- Go to Appearance > Editor to make some theme changes
- Choose the theme you want to add breadcrumb. Open header template file (something like header.php) or any file where you want to display the breadcrumb on.
- Insert below code into the position which you want:
echo "You are here: ";
<!--END BREADCRUMB NAVXT-->
- You also have a method to display the breadcrumb. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Then drag Breadcrumb NavXT into any appropriate position.
Video version here: