The breadcrumb shows to user where they are on your website. Some Wordpress themes provides for you a breadcrumb. However, others doesn't do it. Breadcrumb NavXT plugin maybe help you.
- Log in to your Wordpress website admin page. Choose Plugins > Add new
- Then search for Breadcrumb NavXT and click Install it. Remember to activate it after installed. We don't need to make settings for the plugin. Just let it default.
- Go to Appearance > Editor to make some theme changes
- Choose the theme you want to add breadcrumb. Open header template file (something like header.php) or any file where you want to display the breadcrumb on.
- Insert below code into the position which you want:
echo "You are here: ";
<!--END BREADCRUMB NAVXT-->
- You also have a method to display the breadcrumb. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Then drag Breadcrumb NavXT into any appropriate position.
Video version here:
Thanks for getting back with me so quclkiy. I replaced the code as you suggested, but I still don't have breadcrumbs on my subpages. I wondered if there might be a plugin conflict, so I deactivated a plugin that I wasn't using, Subpage LIsting, but that didn't make a difference.I *am* using the Exclude Pages for Navigation plugin, applying it to selected pages and I definitely need to keep it. Would that be a problem? All the other plugins I'm using don't seem to be related to the navigation/subpages.Can you think of anything else that might be preventing the breadcrumbs from showing up?And just to be sure I'm correctly understanding what this plugin does. Any Child page should have a breadcrumb, is that right?I'm baffled as to what to try next. I appreciate any additional thoughts you might have in troubleshooting this. I'd *really* like to get to work!Thank you.ReplyDelete
Keep up the excellent work , I read few posts on this internet site and I conceive that your website is really interesting and contains lots of great information.ReplyDelete